"Dead Dogs and Gym Teachers" is the fourteenth episode of the Freaks and Geeks TV series. It was written by Judd Apatow and Bob Nickman and directed by Judd Apatow. The episode first aired on October 10, 2000.
Lindsay tries to convince Harold to let her join her friends at a Who concert. Kim and Lindsay accidentally run over Millie's dog. Lindsay wants to tell Millie the truth, but Kim does not. Nick teaches himself to play guitar and writes a love ballad for Lindsay.
- This episode was scheduled to air March 27, 2000 on NBC but the show was canceled. Its first broadcast was October 10, 2000 on the Fox Family Channel.
- The Dallas episode that Bill and Ben are watching is entitled "The Gathering Storm" and aired on March 27, 1981. Unless this is a repeat (something the show rarely did), this episode is set in that date.
- The episode is set on March 27, 1981 and was scheduled to air on March 27, 2000.
- "Stripes" wasn't released until June 1981, so they couldn't be discussing the movie during the 1980-1981 school year.
- In this episode, Millie says she's 15; however, in a previous episode, "Beers and Weirs" she offers someone who thinks they are drunk a ride home, which would mean she had to be at least sixteen. It's highly unlikely Millie would drive without a license.
- Bill is pictured with a tub of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, which was not sold until 1986.
- Nick tells Daniel and Ken that he saw The Who live in Indianapolis two weeks ago. This is impossible because The Who never toured the United States in 1981 and never played in Indianapolis until 1982.
- Millie is seen wearing a tee shirt depicting the cover of The Who's 1994 box set, 30 years of Maximum R & B, while the episode takes place in March 1981.
- When Lindsay is talking at Goliath's funeral, she mentions that her mother would come over wearing fur boots and Goliath would hump her feet. She then goes on to mentioned that Goliath was spayed. This term is gender specific to female pets; Lindsay should have used the term 'neutered'.
|Recurring roles||Guest stars|
|"I'm Free"||The Who||Tommy||1969|
|"I'm One"||The Who||Quadrophenia||1973|
|"Boris the Spider"||The Who||A Quick One||1966|
|"Love, Reign o'er Me"||The Who||Quadrophenia||1973|
|"Squeeze Box"||The Who||The Who by Numbers||1975|
|"Going Mobile"||The Who||Who's Next||1971|
|"Michael Row the Boat Ashore"||Jason Segel, James Franco, and Seth Rogen|
|"Lady L"||Jason Segel|
|"Summer Breeze"||Seals and Crofts||Summer Breeze|
|1: Pilot - 2: Beers and Weirs - 3: Tricks and Treats - 4: Kim Kelly Is My Friend - 5: Tests and Breasts - 6: I'm with the Band - 7: Carded and Discarded - 8: Girlfriends and Boyfriends - 9: We've Got Spirit - 10: The Diary - 11: Looks and Books - 12: The Garage Door - 13: Chokin' and Tokin' - 14: Dead Dogs and Gym Teachers - 15: Noshing and Moshing - 16: Smooching and Mooching - 17: The Little Things - 18: Discos and Dragons|